The medical term for muscle pain is myalgia. Myalgia can take place anywhere in the body. It may occur in one’s neck, back, shoulder, limbs, etc. The best thing is to identify the cause of such pain at the right time and treat it accordingly.
What results in Muscle Pain?
Sometimes muscles get stressed while doing any physical activity like exercising, playing sports, etc.
Aging most often results in weakness of the bones and tenderness of the tissues; that is why you would find older people complaining about muscular aches and joint pains.
Infections of soft tissues or bodily inflammatory conditions can also result in myalgia.
How to identify Muscle Pain?
Muscle pain may often cause involuntary muscle spasms and contractions (cramping), weakness, bruising, and swelling.
Any discomfort or prolonged ache in one or multiple parts of the body that worsens with time or movement can be identified as muscle pain.
Muscle Soreness vs. Muscle Pain
There’s a comparative difference between the two. Both cause similar discomfort in the beginning, while soreness of the muscle is likely to last for a few hours or maximum for a day or two, muscle pain might last longer.
Muscle soreness usually disappears after proper rest and/or recovery.
Any continuous and rigorous activity, workout sessions can cause sore muscles, which can be taken care of post regime.
Muscle pain can get aggravated if not administered within a few days. Consult a doctor if it lasts longer than a week or two.
Measures that can help soothe Muscle Aches
1. Rest - Catching on some quality sleep and/or taking good rest can help muscle recover after being stressed or overworked. Recovery sessions give muscles a necessary break; it needs to release growth hormones.
2. Exercise - Stretching, Pilates, Yoga elevate muscle health by strengthening weak and loose muscles. However, depending on the type of muscle pain, one must pick their mé·tier. It is best to take expert help or physiotherapist opinion before starting with any form of exercise to relieve aches.
3. Massage - There are many different kinds of massages that help reduce muscle soreness. Deep tissue massages, Hot Stone, Reflexology are common types. Massages help relax sore muscles and bring down muscle tension.
Easily Available Topical Muscle Pain Relievers :
- Drastic Reduction Of Neck Pain During The Day Or At The End Of The Day
- Significantly Reduced Discomfort During Activities That Involve Neck Muscle Strain
- Drastic Reduction In Referred Pain- Shoulder Pain
- Gives Quick Relief From Joint And Body Aches
- Care Instruction: For External Usage Only, Keep Away From Infants
Pain doesn’t just come when you’re home in your PJs. Get convenient pain relief without grease so you can go about your day and night sporting your favorite work and play clothes.
- This BENGAY® non-greasy pain-relieving cream works as an on-the-go solution for deep penetrating pain relief
- Relieves minor arthritis pain, backaches or muscle & joint pain
Foods that can help relieve Muscle Aches
Ginger- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger assist in curing muscle spasms.
Fatty fish- Protein-rich diets can help in muscle building.
Olive oil- Consumption and application of olive oil can help reduce muscle pain and also aid in muscle recovery.
Tart cherry juice - Strengthens muscles and reduces inflammation of the tissues. Coffee- Moderate consumption of caffeine can give an excellent boost to your system during muscle training.
Cruciferous Vegetables- Veggies like kale, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower are packed with nutrients and have anti-inflammatory properties. Including these in your diet reduces the risk of arthritis and other joint and muscle-related diseases.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: body ache relief, muscle pain relief, neck strain relief, ointment for muscle pain, piriformis pain relief