The purpose of shower gel and body wash are nearly the same. Both are cleansers used to cleanse your skin, remove dirt, excess oil, odor, sweat, and makeup.
The main difference between the two is the consistency.
The shower gel has a dense, gel-like consistency, while body wash is more like liquid soap. However, due to the composition, body washes are more moisturizing and hydrating than shower gels.
What is the difference?
Consistency: You will notice the difference in the feel and texture as soon as you spritz some of it on your fingers. A shower gel has a much thicker consistency than that of a body wash, which is less dense.
Composition: Shower gels mostly have exfoliating ingredients such as oatmeal, coffee, and sea salt that scrub away dry and dead skin cells. Body washes have more moisturizing properties.
Fragrance: Both shower gel and body wash have a pleasant aroma. However, you must have noticed that shower gels are stronger scented than body washes. Body washes are more naturally fragrant.
Most popular fragrances are lemon or fruit-like scents, flowery scents like lavender, Japanese rose, cherry blossom to dessert-like scents like vanilla, cocoa butter, etc.
A lot of people use shower gel and bodywash interchangeably. They lather themselves luxuriously with shower gel on one day, and the next day pick up the body wash bottle next to it instead. But these two products are not the same. Here are the main differences between them.
Which product should I pick?
Deciding the right cleanser should come down to your personal liking and the most suitable product for your skin. If you have sensitive skin that gets easily prone to acne or pimples, you should choose mild products that have moisturizing properties and are less aromatic.
If you are a fan of luxury bath and want your body to stay scented after the shower, you can opt for a cleanser that leaves a pleasant odor on your body.
Which product should I avoid?
Try to stay away from cleansers with harsh detergents, like sodium lauryl sulfate.
A strong product might exacerbate or cause dryness of the skin.
The best product would be the one free of preservatives, formaldehyde, lanolin, dyes, sulfates, and parabens.
Our all-time favorite picks :
OGX INTENSELY INVIGORATING + EUCALYPTUS MINT BODY WASH
- Invigorating Blend With Eucalyptus, Mint And Tea Tree Oils
- Hydrates And Smoothes Your Skin
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skincare product collections are here to help you look your best! We’re beauty, pure & simple.
DOVE NOURISHING SECRETES - INVIGORATING RITUAL - BODY WASH
- Inspired by the beauty rituals of Central American women, Dove Nourishing Secrets Invigorating Ritual Body Wash, a scent of avocado oil & calendula extract. Leaves your skin feeling recharged and revitalized. This moisturizing body wash can give you softer, smoother skin after just one shower.
- Inspired by the beauty rituals of Central American women
- Uplifting Experiences that invigorates your senses
- Leaves your skin feeling freshling hydrated
AVEENO SKIN RELIEF BODY WASH WITH COCONUT SCENT & SOOTHING OAT, GENTLE SOAP-FREE BODY CLEANSER
- The unique formula of this daily body wash is enriched with soothing oat to help nourish without disrupting your skin's natural moisture barrier for soft, smooth and healthy-looking skin
- From the dermatologist-recommended skincare brand for over 65 years, the dry skin body wash is suitable for daily use and features a tropical coconut scent
- It is clinically shown to be As Gentle As Fragrance-Free products on sensitive skin and is dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, soap-free and dye-free
TABAC CRAFTSMAN BATH AND SHOWER GEL
Dynamic freshness for real men: this is the distinguishing feature of the Tabac Original Craftsman fragrance. The concept is inspired by the trend of craftsmanship, which relies on quality, durability and traditional manufacturing.
Tabac Original Craftsman Bath & Shower Gel has a balanced pH that does not dry the skin and smells nice, just like a gentleman.
Dermatologically tested & confirmed.
Created by the design house of Maurer & Wirtz in Germany.
NEUTROGENA RAINBATH REFRESHING SHOWER AND BATH GEL
- Helps leave skin soft, smooth, and renewed
- Refreshing scent of spices, fruits, and herbs
- Skin Type: All Skin Types; Features: Serum to double skin's brightening power
- Usage: In the shower: Smooth on body with moistened hands, puff or washcloth. Gently lather, then rinse off. In the bath: Dispense into running water. For shaving legs: Use as a skin-smoothing shaving gel.
- Target Audience: Men
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: bathing gel, body soap, body wash, body wash and shower gel, body wash products, body wash shower, shower gel